While popcorn ceilings had their time on top trends lists, they are rarely seen in modern homes. Removing a popcorn ceiling yourself can be extremely difficult. Popcorn ceiling removal is a specialty service offered by Steve Tollner Residential Painting. If you are looking to re-paint a room with popcorn ceilings or are just looking to remove these ceilings from your home we can help!
The process of popcorn ceiling removal and painting usually involves:
- Removing your furniture, light switches and fixtures from the room
- Covering the walls and flooring with heavy duty plastic sheets
- Spraying the surface with small amounts of water so that the popcorn ceiling easily scrapes away
- Skim coating any damaged areas prior to sanding to ensure a smooth surface for texturing and a properly prepared surface for painting
- Application of a fresh coat of paint primer followed by the paint color of your choice
The painters at Steve Tollner Residential Painting are trained to remove popcorn ceilings in an effective way that will leave your ceilings feeling fresh.