Not sure which shade to choose? Struggling to differentiate matte, satin and gloss? We’ll help you navigate the sea of options to find a color that matches your home’s interior aesthetic and stands up to your family’s daily routine.
Interior and Exterior Paint Color Tips
Here are top exterior and interior painting ideas to keep in mind while you choose a palette for your project.
- Drive through various neighborhoods and take note of appealing exterior paint color schemes and adaptability to your own home.
- Define the entry. Use exterior paint color as a “Welcome” sign to your home.
- Determine the mood you want to create with the room. Warmer tones are friendly and inviting. Cooler tones create calm and relaxing spaces.
- Think about ‘flow’ and how the colors of neighboring rooms will work together. Very dark to very light transitions, or transitions from rooms with highly contrasting colors, can either be jarring or invigorating.
- Keeping the trim all one color provides continuity as you move from room to room. Stark white in a semi- or full-gloss creates a very formal look.
Ready to have your home professionally transformed with interior and/or exterior painting?